Niblett, David A niblettda
Wed Nov 16 16:23:39 PST 2005
Hi all,

I've got an interesting problem and I don't know where to
start with resolving it.

I have a standard master slave setup.  I'm replicating 4
databases (so 4 slon's on each machine).  One database is
roughly 20G, which our Email store (dbmail).

I set up slony, and everything seemed to be going just
fine for quite some time now.

I went on vacation and came back to find that when I left
the free space on the drive was about 55%, when I got back it
was 12%, and the slave DB was full.

So I killed slony, and after looking at a lot of other things
I eventually did a slonik_uninstall to kill the clusters.
After that point, I was back to my 55% free space on my master
server, the slave went down, but not as much.

I'm not sure where to start to figure out the problem.  It
also seems that running multiple slon processes seems to introduce
a fairly hefty load on the server.

Is there some log file that needs to be cleaned more often in
Slony?

I'm running PostgreSQL 8.0.3 with Slony1-1.1.0.  I'd like to keep
running slony, so any help would be appreciated.

David A. Niblett               | email: niblettda at gru.net
Network Administrator          | Phone: (352) 334-3400
Gainesville Regional Utilities | Web: http://www.gru.net/