Vivek Khera vivek
Tue May 17 19:55:13 PDT 2005
On May 17, 2005, at 8:55 AM, cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info wrote:

>  - We found some condition that allowed the watchdogs to get snarled
>    up; in effect, the "thump/restart" is a watchdog on the watchdog.

For the last few weeks, I've been running slon under DJB's
daemontools.  It was a pretty straight-forward configuration, and it
does the log rotation things too.

This has worked out *really* well, especially on reboot when slon
fires up before PG is ready for connections -- daemontools sleeps a
while then retries.  And daemontools never seem to die, so I don't
need a watchdog on the watchdog, other than some external process to
ensure that replication is indeed progressing.

Vivek Khera, Ph.D.
+1-301-869-4449 x806