Andrew Sullivan ajs
Mon May 16 19:04:44 PDT 2005
On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 01:38:50PM -0400, Chris Hoover wrote:
> 1.  Are there any rpm's available for it?

Someone has indeed prepared RPMs for it, but whether they'll meet
your needs, I don't know.  One thing I frequently do is build my
packages offline, and then send them up to my production servers.

> 2.  Can slony1 replicate the data between different version of
> Postgresql?

That's one of its main goals, and a reason Jan chose the
trigger-based approach.

> 3.  We have each of our customers in a different database for security
> reasons.  How much overhead is there in running slony1?

Does this mean "how much overhead does one daemon take"?  I can say
that it's not outrageous, but the number of daemons you're talking
about would give me pause.  I'd test it pretty carefully.  Note that
the daemon does _not_ need to be on the same machine as the origin of
the database, although you likley want it in the same network.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs at crankycanuck.ca
The plural of anecdote is not data.
		--Roger Brinner