Thomas Go TGo
Fri May 13 20:54:00 PDT 2005
Thanks everyone for their help. It was definitely the sequence that bit
me.

Thanks,
Thomas

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Browne [mailto:cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info]
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2005 11:37 AM
To: Thomas Go
Cc: slony1-general at gborg.postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [Slony1-general] Duplicate Key violation question...

Thomas Go wrote:

>Christopher,
>
>We do have 2 tables domains and records, the key on both is named ID.
>I would imagine that using the fully qualified naem would be
>public.domains and public.records.  It'll find the key?  Or am I
>assuming here?

I wasn't just wondering the name of the column, but rather the
"everything else."

Can you show the output of
\d table
?
I'd expect something like:

                                     Table "public.domains"

        Column         |           Type           |
Modifiers

-----------------------+--------------------------+---------------------
-----------------------+--------------------------+---------------------
-----------------------+--------------------------+-------

 id                    | integer                  | not null default
nextval('domains_id_seq'::text)

 name                  | text                     | not null

    "domains_pkey" primary key, btree (id)

You'll need to replicate the sequence domains_id_seq, and you may want
to check to see what the max value is...

select max(id) from domains;

returns, say, 4251

select last_value from domains_id_seq;

returns, say, 3500