Matthew Rich mrich
Thu May 12 03:27:51 PDT 2005
> ... so I've been playing with alterTableForReplication/alterTableRestore
> () and it does seem to bear out that when removing the code that
> disables triggers, the scripts seem to execute fine on the slave.  There
> seem to be a couple of methods to disable triggers, which is the
> "correct" method I don't know:

Since the dependencies table (pg_depend) is the only place that I could
actually find any reference to the relations in questions, I decided to
muck around with it a bit.  Following the existing methodology, I
rewrote all the constraint/trigger dependencies for subscribed tables to
also point to the pk index.  This appears to actually avoid the "missing
trigger" problem, and the scripts seem to execute correctly.  I don't
exactly know how sane this is, and I didn't actually test it that much,
but there it is.  I thought I would throw it out there nonetheless.

Matt

--
Matthew Rich <mrich at tigris.org>