Dearman, Rick rick.dearman
Mon Mar 7 15:21:54 PST 2005
I manage to create master & slave. However after executing the following
script:

slonik <<_EOF_
    cluster name = $CLUSTERNAME;

    node 1 admin conninfo = 'dbname=$MASTERDBNAME host=$MASTERHOST
user=$REPLICATIONUSER';
    node 2 admin conninfo = 'dbname=$SLAVEDBNAMEONE host=$SLAVEHOST
user=$REPLICATIONUSER';
    subscribe set ( id = 1, provider = 1, receiver = 2, forward = no);
_EOF_

I get the following error:

NOTICE:  ALTER TABLE / ADD UNIQUE will create implicit index
'commercial_order_type_has_component_type__Slony-I_PR_rowID_key' for
table 'commercial_order_type_has_component_type'
ERROR:  copy: line 1, Extra data after last expected column
lost synchronization with server, resetting connection

When doing tests with the same schema but limited data it worked.
However this seems to occur when replicating the actual DB, which is
about 2GB in size (I don't know if that makes any difference, or if this
is being caused by the data in the larger DB.)

privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee(s). Access to this
email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended
recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify Telstra. Any disclosure
of the contents or recipients, distribution of, copying of or decisions
based on this email by unauthorised persons is prohibited and may be
unlawful.

Telstra Europe Ltd
3 Finsbury Square
London EC2A 1AE