Jan Wieck JanWieck
Wed Jun 22 11:43:56 PDT 2005
On 6/21/2005 6:46 PM, elein wrote:
> Has anyone investigated metilinx as an alternative
> replication solution?
> Anything good, bad, indifferent about the company
> and product (besides not being open source and not
> pg specific) would be helpful.

 From this whitepaper:

     http://www.metilinx.com/images/DB_Whitepaper.pdf

which is the most detailed (clear throat) technical information I was
able to find through Google, I conclude that the whole thing acts as a
db proxy that duplicates database traffic on the SQL statement level.
The client applications connect via OLEDB or ODBC to the "replicators".
All replicators communicate with the "sequencer", which determines the
total order of all "SQL statements". The replicators then execute this
total order against all connected databases, returning the result
directly to the client.

Jan