31337 .. 313375
Mon Jun 20 19:21:09 PDT 2005
Ok, I'm a new slony'er, only been messing with it for a few days. I
will need to implement this very soon, and I need to come up with a
failover/switchover policy. What are you guys doing to say 'master
node is down'? I have considered setting up another database on the
master, and having a seperate server do a 'write' to the database,
then try to read it. If the read/write succeded, then the server is
ok, if it fails, to start the switchover script to change the next
node to be the master.
Are there any other easier ways to detect when the master node has gone down?

Any input at all would be appreciated,
Thanks in advance,
Tyler