Christopher Browne cbbrowne
Tue Jun 14 17:13:00 PDT 2005
Manuel Garc?a <mgarciah at ife.org.mx> writes:
> Fisrt. How I can uninstall the previous version of slony-I 1.1 beta
> 5? because I want to install the last release.:p>

Doing a "make install" followed by the slonik command "update
functions" would be pretty likely to work.

Alternatively, take a look at the documentation for the slonik
"uninstall node" command.  Run that twice, once for each node, and
that should do the trick.

> And Second. How I can?implement this feature? Log shipping allows
> creating offline replicas, to do exactly one offline replicate in
> other server

I don't think anyone has actually "productionized" this yet.

The idea is that you first take a dump of the schema from the
provider; there is a script in the "tools" directory that will do
this.

Then you load that schema into the target system.

Then you start up a slon with the "-a" option.  It will start throwing
logs into the specified directory.  You take those logs, FTP them (or
use your other favorite file transfer scheme) to get them to the
target, and throw them into "psql" to load them into the target
database.
--
"cbbrowne","@","ca.afilias.info"
<http://dev6.int.libertyrms.com/>