Christopher Browne cbbrowne
Tue Jun 14 17:04:16 PDT 2005
"Tang, Jason" <jason.tang at teamuk.telstra.com> writes:
> Would I be assuming correct that a node can belong to more than one
> cluster. It would mean I just have to call slonik twice with commands
> describing a different clustername, but can reuse the node ids?

That seems right, yes.

The cluster-specific stuff resides in the _clustername namespace, so
there's no reason why you couldn't have a particular database
participating in multiple clusters.

I don't think anyone has tried it, so you may uncover new ground, and
new problems.

What I would be concerned about is that this provides more
opportunities for locks/blocks/deadlocks as you'll have more slon
processes connecting in concurrently.

I guess I haven't thought of a case yet where it would "seem wise" to
do this.
--
"cbbrowne","@","ca.afilias.info"
<http://dev6.int.libertyrms.com/>