Tang, Jason jason.tang
Tue Jun 14 15:26:48 PDT 2005
Yeah something like that I eventually found out something like this
seemed to do what I was after. Not sure if its the CORRECT way reset the
configuration back to square one, but seems to work

slonik <<_EOF_
cluster name = $CLUSTER;

node 1 admin conninfo = 'dbname=$DBNAME1 host=$HOST1 user=$SLONY_USER';
node 2 admin conninfo = 'dbname=$DBNAME2 host=$HOST2 user=$SLONY_USER';
uninstall node ( id = 1 );
uninstall node ( id = 2 );

I don't suppose anyone can recommend some good links that provide easy
to follow instructions for common things you'd want to do to a cluster?
To stop the slon daemon I'm using kill -9 :)

I'm also a tad confused. I think I've configured everything and then
start slon on master/slave but not sure where it goes any logging to
show that its doing something.

Other than create a db on the slave machine, do I need a snapshot of the
master? Is this stage optional?

Slon seems to be outputting the following and doesn't seem to be doing
anything else. Whats it waiting for? I've done an insert no the master
and nothing seems to be coming through and I've used the same starting
point as the master.

CONFIG main: slon version 1.0.5 starting up
CONFIG main: local node id = 1
CONFIG main: loading current cluster configuration
CONFIG storeNode: no_id=2 no_comment='Node 2'
CONFIG storePath: pa_server=2 pa_client=1
pa_conninfo="dbname=prod_provision host=154.8.2.51 user=pgsql"
pa_connretry=10
CONFIG storeListen: li_origin=2 li_receiver=1 li_provider=2
CONFIG storeSet: set_id=1 set_origin=1 set_comment=''
CONFIG main: configuration complete - starting threads
CONFIG enableNode: no_id=2

Jason