Thomas Pundt mlists
Thu Jun 9 14:16:56 PDT 2005
On Thursday 09 June 2005 00:46, John Surnow wrote:
|   All of the documentation I've read assumes that a slave db is empty
| before the node subscribes to a cluster. What happens if the slave db isn't
| empty (e.g., the slave is an up-to-date copy of the master)? Is the set
| data on the slave deleted before new data is copied over from the master?

yes; the slave does a "select truncateTable('yourtable');" before copying the
data from the provider, which basically translates to a "delete from only
yourtable".

Ciao,
Thomas
--
Dr. Thomas Pundt <thomas.pundt at rp-online.de> ---- http://rp-online.de/ ----
fon: +49 211 5051920 - fax: +49 211 5051001991