Dave Page dpage
Thu Jun 2 16:19:00 PDT 2005
Hi,

The attached patch rewrites the ducttape tests during the build to work
correctly on Msys/MinGW on Win32. I am not a make expert by any stretch
of the imagination, so if there's a more appropriate way of doing this,
please let me know.

The following changes are made, provided $(host_os) == mingw32:

- xterm is replaced with /bin/rxvt as there is no xterm in Msys by
default.

- /bin/which is specified. Mingw has it's own 'which' in /mingw/bin,
however in my experience this often crashes. The Msys one is a simple
script that calls 'type -p $1' and works reliably. The order of these 2
directories in the path is affected by the value of $MSYSTEM, so it
seems easiest just to hard code the correct path.

Also, the following change seems reasonable for all platforms.

- Use psql's -o option to output data dumps to files in
compare_pgbench_dumps. This avoids using the pager which is likely to be
C:\windows\System32\more.com on Win32 and cannot handle more than 8MB of
data at once. Even the MinGW/Msys pager (less.exe) fails to work
properly, outputting spurious extra spaces thus requiring diff -b
instead of plain diff.

Regards, Dave.