cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info cbbrowne
Sat Jul 2 01:14:29 PDT 2005
>> the attached patch is for the configure script. It seems like autoconf
>> was not re-run after PACKAGE_VERSION was changed for the slony-1.1.0
>> release, so make rpm failed because it  was looking for the wrong
>> source tarball.

We need to have a better resolution for this in the future; the 1.1
releases (beta and RC as well) were to some degree "plagued" with this
problem.

There's some sort of near-recursive problem here, where, at present, we
choose between:

1.  Needing to remember to run autoconf and check in changes *before*
tagging, which is "brain-o"-vulnerable, or

2.  Needing to run autoconf before trying to use a newly-tagged build.

It seems to me that PACKAGE_VERSION shouldn't need to be so embedded in
autoconf.

The tag surely should be able to be picked up irrespective of doing an
autoconf run...