Brian Hirt bhirt
Wed Jan 19 20:18:55 PST 2005
when you say promote nodes, you mean doing a slonik move set, right?
Because that's how i've reversed the role of master and slave in the
past when i need to do maintenance on the master db.   I think maybe we
are talking about the same thing.  lock set, wait for event,  move set
change origin, wait for event.   I'll just have to do this twice, once
to upgrade the slave and once to upgrade the master.  and each time
i'll have to drop the slave, node, and bring it back up online and wait
for it to sync before performing the move set...

unless there some other way of upgrading both the master and slave
without having to drop node/dump/init/reload/add node each one.

--brian