Andrew Sullivan ajs
Wed Jan 12 20:03:12 PST 2005
On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 10:33:14AM -0800, Dan Hrabarchuk wrote:
> Also setting up a new slave is MUCH faster, but you need to make the
> initial copy with a downed server.

Really?  Yuck.  That strikes me as a pretty serious limitation.  The
original developers of Java erserver thought they could do it that
way, & I had to explain that it'd make a pretty crummy "reliability"
solution if it could only be used once.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs at crankycanuck.ca
This work was visionary and imaginative, and goes to show that visionary
and imaginative work need not end up well.
		--Dennis Ritchie