Christopher Browne cbbrowne
Wed Feb 23 05:40:36 PST 2005
We know that if there are old idle-in-transaction transactions lying
around, we won't get any useful results out of a VACUUM.

A thought, therefore, is that the cleanup thread might take a peek to
see if there is such a transaction that has been running since the
_last_ cleanup cycle.  If that is the case, there's no point to
VACUUMing any of the Slony-I tables as NONE of the tuples killed since
the last cycle will get cleaned out.  It would be a good idea to

Thoughts?  If it works, this ought to get rid of useless VACUUM
cycles...  We might ANALYZE instead, I suppose...
--
"cbbrowne","@","ca.afilias.info"
<http://dev6.int.libertyrms.com/>