Jan Wieck JanWieck
Thu Feb 17 17:29:32 PST 2005
On 2/15/2005 2:46 PM, Juanky Moral wrote:

> Thanks for your anwer, Jan.
> I'm still fighting against the problem (and looking for a solution).
> No coredump in anywhere. I recompiled postgres again with
> --enable-thread-safety, thinking it could be the reason. Also I
> re-adjust shared_buffers, max_connections to low values, but the
> result are the same: all works fine until the master is updated
> (insert/delete/update). At this moment, psql crash and master slone
> process dies.
>
> Here is my postgres.log:
>
> LOG:  database system is ready
> NOTICE:  type "_epvnet.xxid" is not yet defined
> DETAIL:  Creating a shell type definition.
> NOTICE:  argument type _epvnet.xxid is only a shell
> NOTICE:  type "_epvnet.xxid_snapshot" is not yet defined
> DETAIL:  Creating a shell type definition.
> NOTICE:  argument type _epvnet.xxid_snapshot is only a shell
> NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index
> "sl_node-pkey" for table "sl_node"
> NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index
> "sl_set-pkey" for table "sl_set"
> NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index
> "sl_setsync-pkey" for table "sl_setsync"
> NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index
> "sl_table-pkey" for table "sl_table"
> NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / UNIQUE will create implicit index
> "sl_table_tab_reloid_key" for table "sl_table"
> NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index
> "sl_trigger-pkey" for table "sl_trigger"
> NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index
> "sl_sequence-pkey" for table "sl_sequence"
> NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / UNIQUE will create implicit index
> "sl_sequence_seq_reloid_key" for table "sl_sequence"
> NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index
> "sl_path-pkey" for table "sl_path"
> NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index
> "sl_listen-pkey" for table "sl_listen"
> NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index
> "sl_subscribe-pkey" for table "sl_subscribe"
> NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index
> "sl_event-pkey" for table "sl_event"
> NOTICE:  Slony-I: removing stale pg_listener entry for pid 23908,
> relname _epvnet_Restart
> NOTICE:  Slony-I: removing stale pg_listener entry for pid 23923,
> relname _epvnet_Node_1
> NOTICE:  Slony-I: removing stale pg_listener entry for pid 23944,
> relname _epvnet_Node_2
> NOTICE:  Slony-I: removing stale pg_listener entry for pid 24014,
> relname _epvnet_Node_2
> NOTICE:  Slony-I: removing stale pg_listener entry for pid 23944,
> relname _epvnet_Confirm
> LOG:  server process (PID 31858) was terminated by signal 11

signal 11 is usually segmentation violation and causes a core dump. You
should find that core file in the database directory (underneath
data/base). If not, your smartass-package-maintainer has somehow managed
to set the ulimit for core files to zero. Slap him, correct the problem,
get a core dump and produce a stack backtrace.

Jan