Vivek Khera vivek
Tue Feb 8 20:35:43 PST 2005
On Feb 8, 2005, at 1:40 PM, James Black wrote:

> Slony 1.0.5, Pg 7.4.6, Linux x86.  Growing load is forcing us to add a
> new machine into our Slony master->slave configuration, and before I
> start firing slonik commands off, I'd like to make sure

Funny how this is my project of the day for the last 8 or 9 days.  I
might actually get to it tomorrow :-)

 From my reading, I think you need to add paths and listens for your
node 2 to node 3 as well. My plan is to do a test on a development
cluster with a toy-sized db (ie, not bajillions of rows like the
production) and see what happens.

in my case, i also need to move the origin to the new node #3, as it
will end up being the fastest machine there...

Vivek Khera, Ph.D.
+1-301-869-4449 x806