Vivek Khera vivek
Tue Feb 8 14:29:55 PST 2005
On Feb 8, 2005, at 7:41 AM, Postgres Learner wrote:

> Now the problem is that I can't figure out how to measure the time
> taken to replicate/resync after slony daemon restarts. Basically I
> want to know the window after which one server can safely go down

Check the status of the replication.  Something like this:

echo 'SELECT * FROM _setname.sl_status;' | psql -U postgres -x dbname

where "setname" is the name of your replication set as configured when
you set it up, and dbname is the name of the db, obviously.

Check the st_lag_time to see how far behind the replica is.  you can
monitor the progress of st_last_event_ts to see when the last time
slony submitted a sync point to the origin.