Christopher Browne cbbrowne
Thu Dec 22 17:09:44 PST 2005
Jan Wieck <JanWieck at Yahoo.com> writes:
> On 12/21/2005 8:18 PM, Florian G. Pflug wrote:
>> Florian G. Pflug wrote:
>> <snipped my own mail>
>> Can anyone confirm that this is actually a bug? I pretty sure
>> (Did multiple setups of my cluster, and the problem persisted -
>> I used the altperl scripts for setting up the cluster, so I
>> see no way I could have causes this).
>> If it's really I bug, I would at least be worth a note in
>> the docs or in the 1.1.5 release notes - I took me hours to
>> nail down the problem, and it wasn't fun, so preventing
>> others from having to do the same would be a good thing.
>
> Rebuild listen entries is indeed broken. This is a show stopper for
> 1.1.5 ... I am working at it.

This isn't a problem for every node configuration, so if you already
have replicas working, you probably don't need to worry about it.  It
is not a case that will affect the 2 node cluster, for instance.

But alas, this means the 1.1.5 release will be holding off, probably
until the first week of January.  Alas :-(.

Fortunately, the change oughtn't invalidate the platform-oriented
tests that have already been done; it should be restricted to within
the pl/pgsql code that generates sl_listen.  Modifying that function
won't change whether things compile properly on each respective
platform.
--
output = ("cbbrowne" "@" "ca.afilias.info")
<http://dba2.int.libertyrms.com/>