Darcy Buskermolen darcy
Thu Aug 25 00:41:13 PDT 2005
On Wednesday 24 August 2005 16:25, elein wrote:
> In light of the recently raised bug with "failover
> and the third node" (upcoming book) my grouching
> has made others suggest I be more, ahem, productive.
>
> I propose a test venue that will test a set of
> basic things.  If you are interested in helping out
> please contact me or see me on IRC.

Elein, before we reinvent the wheel, I think the test framework I have nearly
finnished (time has been in ultra short supply these last few weeks or is
that months now...)  latest version is available @
http://www.dbitech.ca/slony/slony-tests.tar.gz can easily be extended to run
the tests that you are after and report on them, it at the moment only has 1
test in it.  This test suite has been tested on FreeBSD, Solaris, Linux and
win32, the only prereq is bash.   I'll see what i can do about clearing up
some time this evening to try creating a more complex test, like a failover
within the framework and see if it can infact do it.