McCann, Brian bmccann
Wed Apr 20 14:29:06 PDT 2005
I made the same mistake...remove the "_EOF_" at the end of the file and
all will be happy.

--Brian

  _____

From: slony1-general-bounces at gborg.postgresql.org
[mailto:slony1-general-bounces at gborg.postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Andrei
Bintintan
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 8:43
To: slony1-general at gborg.postgresql.org
Subject: [Slony1-general] slonik or bash error?

I want to run for the first time the replication.

slony-I-basic-mstr-slv.txt >> but when I run the first script I get the
following error:

<stdin>:56: ERROR: syntax error at or near _EOF_

Is it bash or slonik???

This si the script that I want to run(it's the first one from the
document)

Best regards.
Andy.

#!/bin/sh

    slonik <<_EOF_
    #--
    # define the namespace the replication system uses in our example it
is
    # slony_example
    #--
    cluster name = $CLUSTERNAME;

    #--
    # admin conninfo's are used by slonik to connect to the nodes one
for each
    # node on each side of the cluster, the syntax is that of
PQconnectdb in
    # the C-API
    # --
    node 1 admin conninfo = 'dbname=$MASTERDBNAME host=$MASTERHOST
user=$REPLICATIONUSER';
    node 2 admin conninfo = 'dbname=$SLAVEDBNAME host=$SLAVEHOST
user=$REPLICATIONUSER';

    #--
    # init the first node.  Its id MUST be 1.  This creates the schema
    # _$CLUSTERNAME containing all replication system specific database
    # objects.

    #--
    init cluster ( id=1, comment = 'Master Node');

    #--
    # Because the history table does not have a primary key or other
unique
    # constraint that could be used to identify a row, we need to add
one.
    # The following command adds a bigint column named
    # _Slony-I_$CLUSTERNAME_rowID to the table.  It will have a default
value
    # of nextval('_$CLUSTERNAME.s1_rowid_seq'), and have UNIQUE and NOT
NULL
    # constraints applied.  All existing rows will be initialized with a
    # number
    #--
    table add key (node id = 1, fully qualified name =
'public.history');

    #--
    # Slony-I organizes tables into sets.  The smallest unit a node can
    # subscribe is a set.  The following commands create one set
containing
    # all 4 pgbench tables.  The master or origin of the set is node 1.
    #--
    create set (id=1, origin=1, comment='All pgbench tables');
    set add table (set id=1, origin=1, id=1, fully qualified name =
'public.accounts', comment='accounts table');
    set add table (set id=1, origin=1, id=2, fully qualified name =
'public.branches', comment='branches table');
    set add table (set id=1, origin=1, id=3, fully qualified name =
'public.tellers', comment='tellers table');
    set add table (set id=1, origin=1, id=4, fully qualified name =
'public.history', comment='history table', key = serial);

    #--
    # Create the second node (the slave) tell the 2 nodes how to connect
    # each other and how they should listen for events.
    #--

    store node (id=2, comment = 'Slave node');
    store path (server = 1, client = 2, conninfo='dbname=$MASTERDBNAME
host=$MASTERHOST user=$REPLICATIONUSER');
    store path (server = 2, client = 1, conninfo='dbname=$SLAVEDBNAME
host=$SLAVEHOST user=$REPLICATIONUSER');
    store listen (origin=1, provider = 1, receiver =2);
    store listen (origin=2, provider = 2, receiver =1);
    _EOF_

Andrei Bintintan
Project Manager, Cust-X Srl
andy at ar-sd.net <mailto:andy at ar-sd.net>

"Management means making the things right.
Leadership means making the right things."