Ed L. pgsql
Wed Sep 22 05:39:32 PDT 2004
On Tuesday September 21 2004 6:57, Jan Wieck wrote:
> On 9/17/2004 2:01 PM, Ed L. wrote:
> > A few questions on slon command-line argument semantics...
> >
> > % slon -h
> > usage: slon [options] clustername conninfo
> >     -g <num>              maximum SYNC group size (default 6)
> >
> > What are the units for the -g flag?  Transactions?  Rows?
>
> Number of SYNC events to cram together.

So am I correct in assuming this is a way to batch SYNCs to the slave for
efficiency sake?  A higher number means more SYNCs batched and thus
possibly longer delay before SYNCing with slave but less communication
overhead?  And a lower number ensures more timely SYNCs at the expense of
increased master-slave traffic?

Ed