Ed L. pgsql
Fri Sep 17 19:01:19 PDT 2004
A few questions on slon command-line argument semantics...

% slon -h
usage: slon [options] clustername conninfo

    -d <debuglevel>       verbosity of logging (1..4)
    -s <milliseconds>     SYNC check interval (default 10000)
    -t <milliseconds>     SYNC interval timeout (default 60000)
    -g <num>              maximum SYNC group size (default 6)
    -c <num>               how often to vaccum in cleanup cycles

I'm assuming "-s" means check for updates needing propagation this often?

What does the ("-t") SYNC interval timeout mean?  Is that how long a sync is
allowed to progress before being aborted?  How long to wait on checking a
slave's status??

What are the units for the -g flag?  Transactions?  Rows?

How do I disable slon-initiated vacuuming altogether?  (Our vacuuming is
handled by an autovac.)

Ed