Justin Clift jc
Tue Sep 14 12:37:29 PDT 2004
Hi all,

Using Slony 1.0.2 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 AS with PG 7.4.5.

Trying to get a simple switch over of a 2 node set (1 master, 1 slave),
but I'm getting this error:

<stdin>:1: ERROR: syntax error at or near lock

When running a script for slonik with the appropriate commands.  The
commands are straight out of the slony-I-failover.txt doc, so I'm not
sure what's going on.

Here's the script:

***********

#!/bin/sh

CLUSTERNAME=somecluster
MASTERDBNAME=mydb
SLAVEDBNAME=mydb
MASTERHOST=host1
SLAVEHOST=host2
REPLICATIONUSER=postgres

# Perform the switch over
slonik << _EOF_

         # Namespace to use
         cluster name = $CLUSTERNAME;

         lock set (id = 1, origin = 1);
         wait for event (origin = 1, confirmed = 2);
         move set (id = 1, old origin = 1, new origin = 2);
         wait for event (origin = 1, confirmed = 2);

_EOF_

Any ideas?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift