Christopher Browne cbbrowne
Mon Sep 13 19:50:26 PDT 2004
Christopher Browne <cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info> writes:
> We've noticed that the heavy use of NOTIFY by Slony-I means that there
> are Plenty O Dead Tuples in the system table pg_listener.
>
> For now, we're vacuuming it fairly voraciously in our local "regular
> maintenance regimen."  It's more than likely that this should be
> rolled into the regular vacuums done by the slon engines.  I'll see if
> I can make up a patch for CVS head...

I see in the CVS logs that Jan has already done this in CVS head.
revision 1.14
date: 2004/08/27 13:26:24;  author: wieck;  state: Exp;  lines: +3 -2
Added pg_listener to the list of vacuumed relations.

Jan

Further, it appears that Darcy has checked that pg_autovacuum can
indeed "deal with it":
revision 1.16
date: 2004/08/30 16:47:45;  author: darcyb;  state: Exp;  lines: +33 -23
Add -c directive to change the frequency of vaccums, 0 disables to allow pg_autovac to deal with it

It's nice to find a patch that I don't need to make because someone
already fixed it :-).
--
output = reverse("ofni.sailifa.ac" "@" "enworbbc")
<http://dev6.int.libertyrms.com/>