Alan Hodgson ahodgson
Wed Sep 1 20:35:06 PDT 2004
On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 04:25:00PM -0400, Christopher Browne wrote:
> (I think users would be doing something pretty stupid to have _wildly_
> different arrangements for different sets, but I still have to support
> it...)

Actually I've thought of some interesting things to do with replication.

Currently I replicate a subset of my tables to each member of a web cluster
(that need fast and reliable read-only access to the data).  I might add a
full backup server, which would need to subscribe to all the data.  I'm
also considering running PowerDNS, driven from pgsql, in which case
I might replicate a different subset of the tables to the DNS servers,
again for fast, reliable read-only access to the data.

I think all of these together would count as fairly different arrangements
for different sets.

Just a data point.

--
"Democracies survive only until the voters discover that they can vote
themselves largesse from the public treasury ..." -- Alexander Tyler