hannu at skype.net hannu
Sun Oct 17 23:46:07 PDT 2004
"Jan Wieck" <JanWieck at Yahoo.com> wrote:

>> I am also unable to set subscription on slave (node 1) to forward=no
>> using
>> slonik command :
>> subscribe set ( id = 1, provider = 2, receiver = 1, forward = no);
>
> This problem was fixed in release 1.0.2 ... do you mind upgrading?

Now that I thought about it, I may be even running a *beta* version of
slon on the machine that services the slave. (Due to network structure it
is not on one of the database machines)

This may also cause some of the other problems I have described ;(

What do you think of an idea to make slon write its version number to log
and slonik to report it, perhaps on a -v switch.

My current quess that I may be running a beta version is based mainly on
the file date of binary (Jul 3) and some vague recollections of when I
asked the admin to install what to where - and i *think* that he upgraded
slon only on these machines which run postgres ;)