sarlav kumar sarlavk
Mon Dec 27 15:18:06 PST 2004
Hi All,

I have some general questions on slony.

1) Is it possible to add a composite key for a table(which does not have any PK) through the slonik scripts?

2) If the master and slave DB are on different machines, is replication done on the master machine or the slave machine ? Or can it be done on either of them?

3) Is there a specific port for the slon daemons to run/listen on?
   In some examples I saw 5432 being used. Is that the port number?

4) When the replicated database(slave) goes down, what happens to the data changes in the master? Is it logged somewhere? How much data can be logged?

5) I replicated pgbench database and then I added a new table to the pgbench database. I would like to add this table to the replication set and replicate it to pgbenchslave. The first set of tables I replicated was added to set 1. Is it possible to add the new table to set 1 directly, or do I have to add the new table to a new set(say 2) and then merge it to the old set(set 1)? Also, while specifying the slonik scripts for the replicating the new table, what other information is required(like the cluster name etc)?

Thanks in advance.
Saranya