Christopher Browne cbbrowne
Thu Dec 16 15:22:53 PST 2004
James Felix Black wrote:

>> Suggestion: Do a pg_dump of that sequence, and see what it produces.  I
>> expect that something's funny about the sequence definition.
>

> Well, the sequence's MAXVAL was 2147483647.  I set them to NO MAXVALUE
> and things now are humming along smoothly.
>
> Again, my profoundest gratitude.
>
> jfb

Well, that points to a further question; you may want to figure out
_why_ the MAXVAL was set this way.

If you populated the subscriber node's schema via a "pg_dump -s" of the
origin's schema, then it's pretty surprising that the sequences would be
differently configured.

I'd be a bit concerned about that; there might be other schema
differences lurking about...