James Black jfb
Fri Dec 10 21:48:34 PST 2004
Thanks for the quick reply.  In this simple test case, the two tables
that I'm adding are empty; the application will handle filling the
master at some point after the database is prepared.  However, I've run
into a strange problem: I can't subscribe the new, temporary set.
Here's the script that I'm using (assume the env vars are correct):

${SLONIK} <<EOF
cluster name=$CLUSTER_NAME;
node 1 admin conninfo = '$MASTER_CONNINFO';
node 2 admin conninfo = '$SLAVE_CONNINFO';

echo 'create a new temp set';

try {
   # 110 is the current MAX(tab_id)

   create set ( id = $TEMP_SET_ID, origin = 1, comment = 'temporary set'
);

   echo 'new set created';

   set add table ( set id = $TEMP_SET_ID, origin = 1, id = 111, full
qualified name = 'public.foo' );
   set add table ( set id = $TEMP_SET_ID, origin = 1, id = 112, full
qualified name = 'public.bar' );

   echo 'new tables added';

   subscribe set ( id = $TEMP_SET_ID, provider = 1, receiver = 2,
forward = no );

   echo 'subscription ok';

} on success {
   echo 'OK!';
} on error {
   echo 'failure!';
}

EOF

The script fails at the subscribe, as so:

<stdin>:24: PGRES_FATAL_ERROR select "_tii".subscribeSet(5, 1, 2, 'f');
  - ERROR:  Slony-I: set 5 not found

I can't find anything more interesting in the logs; should I bump up
the level of logging on the backend?

Thanks,
jfb

--
What can be said at all can be said clearly; and what we cannot speak
about we must pass over in silence.