Marc G. Fournier scrappy
Tue Dec 7 01:51:15 PST 2004
after the problems with my install on the dns table, and learning of/using
slony_setup.pl, I'm curious as to how ppl are dealing with a database that
contains tables with no primary keys?

when I did my original 'manual' config, I had to add:

table add key ( node id = 1, fully qualified name = 'public.dns_records' );

so that the table had a key that slony could work on ...

when I tried to do my first install after using setup_slony.pl, I had to
uninstall and go in and manually add the above line so that it would get
added, since the setup doesn't even seeem to try and detect/add
accordingly ...

if I had run setup_slony.pl to replicate the complete database, I would
have had to go through and search through and add a whack of these ...

If there a way of 'adding' a table such that it will auto-add a serial if
one doesn't exist that slony can use?

----