Christopher Browne cbbrowne
Wed Dec 1 15:37:59 PST 2004
betty_sun0 wrote:

>Slony-I product member:
>        How do you do!
>    I try install Slony-I both version 1.0.2 and 1.0.5 hava a Error:
><stdin>:39: PGRES_FATAL_ERROR load '$libdir/xxid';  - ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/xxid": No such file or directory
><stdin>:39: Error: the extension for the xxid data type cannot be loaded in database 'dbname=slony_db2 host=10.10.11.21 user=postgre'

This is a quite frequently asked question:
http://cbbrowne.dyndns.info:8741/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Sandbox/SlonyFAQ06

Evidently, you haven't got the xxid.so library in the $libdir directory
that the PostgreSQL instance is using.

Where that library needs to be depends on where PostgreSQL "lives" on
your systems.

Is it possible that:

a) You haven't installed Slony-I, and are trying to run slonik from the
compile directory?

b) You have multiple PostgreSQL binaries installed, and the one you
hooked Slony-I up to isn't the one that that database is actually using?

c) Perhaps you installed Slony-I on what you consider the "master" host,
and didn't bother to do so on a "slave" node?  You need to at least have
the .so files installed on each host that is to run a Slony-I node...