Jeremiah Jahn jeremiah
Fri Aug 20 14:08:04 PDT 2004
On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 14:41, Jan Wieck wrote:
> On 8/19/2004 3:36 PM, Jeremiah Jahn wrote:
>
> > If you could, wouldn't that fix the problem? So, would it be worthwhile
> > to be able to put a trigger on at least the LO table, maybe even other
> > system tables (for schema replication). I assume that it's a performance
> > issue that has prevented this before.
>
> No. The issue is that system catalog updates most of the time don't go
> through the executor, but call heap_insert(), heap_update and
> heap_delete() directly. The trigger mechanism is in the executor.

'System catalog' updates refers to schema changes right, and not lo
updates? If that is the case, then what prevents adding a hook to enable
triggers on the lo table. As for changes to the schema , why not just
push them through the executor all of the time, instead of some of the
time?

--
Jeremiah Jahn <jeremiah at cs.earlham.edu>